1.0

The submission for the OneDotZero gives a few guidelines on what is needed for the submission.

List:

On a playable DVD
. - A preview of my short film / animation.

On a cd
. - A preview movie file, no larger than 100mb saved with extensions .mov /.avi / .mp4
. - Aselection of a minimum of 4 hi-res print quality stills (300dpi, at least 10cm)
. - Brief synopsis (approx 50 words about techniques, software, inspiration)
. - Biography (approx 50 words eg where I studied.

DEADLINE 29TH MAY

I plan to have this all done by the 27th.

This made me think about how to actually format my final moving image, I have never really made a dvd of specific moving image so I had no idea of what resolution to make my animation what frame rate what aspect ratio nothing really, all I was learning was how to make the animation, not how to physically produce it.

So I did some research so that I don't have to leave it to the last minute. I used videohelp to find what I needed to know.

PAL (25 frames/second)

Video:
Up to 9.8 Mbps* (9800 kbps*) MPEG2 video
Up to 1.856 Mbps (1856 kbps) MPEG1 video
720 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Called Full-D1)
704 x 576 pixels MPEG2
352 x 576 pixels MPEG2 (Called Half-D1, same as the CVD Standard)
352 x 288 pixels MPEG2
352 x 288 pixels MPEG1 (Same as the VCD Standard)
25 fps*
16:9 Anamorphic (only supported by 720x576)

Audio:
48000 Hz
32 - 1536 kbps
Up to 8 audio tracks containing Dolby Digital, DTS, PCM(uncompressed audio), MPEG-1 Layer2. One audio track must have MPEG-1, DD or PCM Audio.

Extras:
Motion menus, still pictures, up to 32 selectable subtitles, seamless branching for multiple storylines, 9 camera angles. And also additional DVD-ROM / data files that only can be read by computer DVD drives.

Total:
Total bitrate including video, audio and subs can be max 10.08 Mbps (10080 kbps)


* Mbps = million bits per second
* kbps = thousand bits per second
* fps = frames per second

No comments: