Live briefs.

Main brief

Rationale:
(Why are you doing it? How does it fit with your own sense of development? What is your particular interest in this area?)

I want to further develop my skills in Max/Msp/Jitter and create interactive/ controllable moving image. This is a continuation of my learning Cinema 4d and processing for the com-tech brief and a continuation of my interest in interactive media.


Context:
(Where does the project fit in the real world?)

I intend to showcase my visual work with an event at the Hyde Park Social club, alongside other audio and visual art organised by me.


Brief:
(What exactly are you/is somebody else expecting you to do?)

Create interactive/ controllable moving image to be shown at an audio, visual event.



Partners/Key Stakeholders:
(Who else has an involvement or interest in what you are doing?)

Other art students/ people that long for an art school based event(s) of playing music and visuals that you don’t get at other clubs.


Outcomes:
(What exactly will you have, or will have happened, at the end of your project?)

I will have further my skills in Max/Msp/Jitter as well as visual work for my portfolio, and the final outcome will be the event and if successful a continuation of the event.



Measures of success/evaluation strategy:
(How will you know how successful you have been? You can’t evaluate effectively unless you know what your aims were.)

To quantitatively measure it will be the amount of people that turn up at the event, to qualitatively measure the success, will be to see if it fills a need of people wanting a creative audio visual event and wanting something a bit different.

Research:
(What do you need to find out to help you deliver the project?)

• Further learning of Max/Msp/Jitter and c4d
• How to host an event, venue details, hiring sound and projection equipment.
• What problems that can occur on the actual event.
• How other people have done something similar to this and how they did it.



Why is it live?
(How does it meet the live requirement of the brief?)

This is live because it needs an audience to receive it, the visuals need to be seen and the audio needs to be heard. If my skills are good enough with Max/Msp/Jitter I will create interactive pieces which needs and audience. The event is intended for like minded people to do something.


Resources:
(What will you need at every step of the project? Physical space/people/hardware/software/money/transport are all resources to plan for.)

• A venue – Hyde park social club
• People to help me with the night – dj, vj, flyers, posters doors etc.
• Projectors speakers, decks,
• Money – I want entry to be free but it depends on how much renting equipment will cost.

No comments: